Between January and September this year, Altice Arena was one of the most watched venues in the world.
496 thousand and 775 tickets sold between January 1 and September 30, 2018. This was the number of spectators that the Altice Arena in Lisbon received in the last nine months and that put the largest showroom of the country in the top 10 of the arenas that more tickets sold.
According to the list published by Pollstar, the former Pavilhão Atlântico is in eighth place in the list of the 200 major world arenas that more viewers received in 2018. The ranking is led by Madison Square Garden in New York, USA, which received more than 770 thousand people.
In front of the Altice Arena is the Forum, in Inglewood (USA), Lanxess Arena (Germany), WiZink Center Madrid (Spain), AccorHotels Arena in Paris (France), The SSE Hydro in Glasgow (Scotland), and to Arena Ciudad De Mexico (Mexico).
The biggest Portuguese showroom was ahead of other major arenas, such as the O2 Arena in London (33rd place) or the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona (71st).
Analyzing only European venues, Altice Arena was the fifth theater show that sold the most tickets this year.
As opposed to 2017, the Altice Arena received more than double of the spectators. According to Pollstar's data, last year 211 thousand spectacle tickets were sold, which made Lisbon the 92nd place in the top – the top Arenas 2017 was led by 02 Arena in London (one million and 443 thousand tickets sold).
The Eurovision Song Contest and the concerts of Shakira, U2, Imagine Dragons, Queen + Adam Lambert, Roger Waters, Bob Dylan, Sam Smith and the 30 Seconds To Mars were some of the highlights of the 2018 program of the Altice Arena.
Meet the top 10:
1. Madison Square Garden Arena – New York, United States of America: 770,331
2. Forum, Inglewood, USA: 749.716
3. Lanxess Arena, Cologne, Germany 672,768
4. WiZink Center, Madrid, Spain 669.359
5. AccorHotels Arena, Paris, France: 609,905
6. The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, Scotland: 605.116
7. Arena Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico: 512,058
8. Altice Arena, Lisbon, Portugal: 496.775
9. Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico, 484.585
10. Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, The Netherlands: 472,859
See here the top 200.