The BE refuses to participate in the initiatives for which he was invited in the framework of the Chinese President's State visit to Portugal, alleging that the country continues to disrespect human rights, said the party's source.
The President of the People's Republic of China, Xi Jinping, begins a two-day visit to Portugal on Tuesday. It will be the third time a Chinese head of state has moved to the country, after Jiang Zemin in 1999 and Hu Jintao in 2010.
Critics of the Chinese regime, in previous visits the bloquistas did not participate in the official ceremonies.
"BE's positions remain, nothing has changed since 2010, there continues to be disrespect for human rights and repression, and therefore the bloc will not be present" in the initiatives for which it was invited, the official source of the BE told Lusa.
BE's leader, Catarina Martins, was invited to the official dinner that will be offered on Tuesday by the Portuguese head of State, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, to the President of the People's Republic of China, but will not be present.
However, in this case, it is already BE's practice not to attend official dinners with heads of state.
On Wednesday, the day that Xi Jinping will go to the Assembly of the Republic, the BE will also not attend the meeting to which he was invited by the President of the Parliament, Eduardo Ferro Rodrigues.
In this case, the parliamentary leader, Pedro Filipe Soares, the Vice-President of the Assembly of the Republic José Manuel Pureza and the secretary of the Board of Directors, Moisés Ferreira, had been invited.
In power since 2013, this will be the first State visit of President Xi Jinping to Portugal.
In 2010, during Hu Jintao's visit, the then bloc leader, Francisco Louçã, justified Lusa's position by stating that "it would be too hypocritical" to applaud or participate in banquets with "the representative of a political regime that despises the right of strike, the right of opinion and freedom of the press. "