"Considering the current situation in relation to Coronavirus, and in order to inform and better guide our citizens, in order to contribute to the prevention and control of the current situation", the Ministry of Health sent information in a "joint and community public health effort".
Thus, people returning from China or an affected area should be aware of the appearance of fever, cough and possible breathing difficulties.
If these symptoms appear, you should not go to the health services, but call the SNS24 – 808 24 24 24, and follow the instructions given to them. As a rule, isolation of people without symptoms is not recommended.
The Ministry of Health advises compliance with the following hygiene and respiratory etiquette measures:
– Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, rubbing them well for at least 20 seconds;
– Reinforce hand washing before and after food preparation, after using the bathroom and whenever your hands feel dirty;
– You can also use an alternative alcohol-based solution for hand hygiene;
– Use tissue paper (single use) to blow;
– Throw used tissues in a waste bin and then wash your hands;
– cough or sneeze into the arm with the elbow flexed, not the hands;
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands dirty or contaminated with respiratory secretions.
As of the date of this communication from the Ministry of Health, cases of community transmission occur in the following areas:
– Asia: China, South Korea, Japan and Singapore
– Middle East: Iran
– Europe (Regions of Italy: Emiglia-Romagna, Lombardia, Piemonte and Veneto).
The evolution of the situation can be followed at www.dgs.pt
The post Coronavirus, what to do? appears first in the Águeda Region.