Government admits to closing restaurants and non-food trade again

Government admits to closing restaurants and non-food trade again


The Minister of State and Economy, Siza Vieira, admitted today that new restrictions to contain the covid-19 pandemic may include the end of restoration and non-food trade.

“What we must consider as plausible is the framework that was in force during April or the framework that was in force during the first half of May”, said the minister at a press conference after the Social Concert.

Siza Vieira recalled that at that time the industry and civil construction remained in operation, but ended activities such as “Small non-food trade” and the restaurant that operated only on a 'take away' basis with home delivery.

"This is the picture" which is being studied by the Government and the measures will continue to be discussed in the coming days with experts and social partners, said the Minister of Economy and Digital Transition.

The minister also said that a new confinement should not imply the closure of schools, a scenario that the Prime Minister, António Costa, had already removed on Thursday, at the end of the meeting of the Council of Ministers.

.



Source link