Government says MotoGP and Formula 1 will not have an audience

Government says MotoGP and Formula 1 will not have an audience


The MotoGP and Formula 1 races scheduled for the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve in April and May will not have an audience, the Expresso newspaper reported today, citing a government source.

The weekly questioned the government about the possibility that the two events scheduled for the Portimão circuit would be held with audiences on the stands, but the response left no room for doubt.

Until the end of this period of lack of definition, which runs until May, "the events mentioned will not have an audience," answered the government to questions from Expresso, which also covered professional football competitions.

Remember, Público said on Wednesday that the racetrack administration had sent a plan to the Directorate-General for Health (DGS) that put MotoGP and F1 fans on the ground with a negative result in a mandatory test. , an idea that falls apart like that.

Last year, the Formula 1 race, in October, generated controversy, due to the non-compliance with the mandatory minimum distance in the stands.

At the time, however, no cases or outbreaks resulting from the event were released. As a consequence, the MotoGP GP, held a month later, had no audience on the stands.

In 2020, Briton Lewis Hamilton won the F1 race and Portuguese Miguel Oliveira in MotoGP.

.



Source link