Neymar gave Thursday a testimony of more than five hours at the São Paulo Women's Defense Department on the 26-year-old Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza, a rape charge.
"The truth will appear sooner or later," the Paris-Saint-Germain striker told reporters at the end of the affidavit, "I am very grateful for all the support messages I have received so far.
The 27-year-old athlete was accused by Najila of raping her in a Paris hotel on May 15. Neymar says he is innocent and argues that it was a consensual relationship. The model points out that she traveled to Paris to have sex with the 27-year-old but, in the hotel room, changed her mind when informed by the player that he had no condoms. It was at that moment that she claimed to have been raped by the player.
After the indictment, filed in São Paulo on May 31, the player disclosed intimate conversations with the model, which led to the opening of an investigation for alleged virtual crime, parallel to that of rape.
Already Najila was denounced Wednesday by the Civil Police of São Paulo, for having doubted the impartiality of the investigations.
In the program 'Connection Reporter', SBT television, the model referred to the alleged theft of the tablet where he kept the full video of his second meeting with Neymar in Paris.
When the journalist Roberto Cabrini told him that the police had only identified fingerprints of yours and his maid in the house, the young woman replied: "The police are bought, are not they? Am I crazy?"
At this point, only one minute of these images recorded the day after the alleged violation were known. Nelas Najila appears to attack the player and complain that he had beaten her the day before, during the May 15 meeting in Paris.
In the last two weeks, three lawyers have given up defending the woman.