The crisis does not forgive and it is not only the Portuguese who are accountable to life. The fuel-saving fad started in Japan but it is in the United States of America that it has been raging. The hypermilers, named for those who follow this trend, aims to increase the number of miles it makes with just one liter of gasoline to save and to protect the planet and the environment. Follow their advice:
– Do not accelerate or crash while driving. If you do it on a motorway, you'll spend 33% more fuel. In the city, the percentage goes up to 38%.
– Do not drive at high speeds, as they increase wind resistance and mechanical friction which, in turn, result in higher fuel consumption.
– Avoid roof loads and trailers because the heavier the car is, the more it consumes.
– Avoid driving on mountainous terrain and dirt roads, because in such cases, the consumption is also higher.
– Minimize the use of air conditioning, as it will save between 5% and 25% on fuel.
– Leave the car at home when distances are small. If you are careful to take it, go first to the place farther away from the starting point, as the car has time to reach the ideal temperature. If it is cold, spend more.
– Always keep your car engine tuned. This is another of the hypermiler recommendations.