Woman dies after excessive aesthetic treatment with botox – News

Woman dies after excessive aesthetic treatment with botox - News



A 52-year-old woman died in Hong Kong today due to over-treatment of botox at a cosmetic clinic, the third case in less than a month in China, local media reported.

According to local police, the woman will have received more than 10 botox injections, having already been transferred in critical condition to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where her death was confirmed.

The case is now being investigated by specialized agencies.

Botox, what is it?

The botulinum toxin, better known as botox, which in high doses can cause progressive muscle paralysis, breathing difficulties and even death, is a neurotoxin used as treatment for some neurological diseases and as a cosmetic product to mitigate facial wrinkles.

This is the third case in less than a month: in November, a 41-year-old woman became ill in China after having been treated with Botox.

In the same month, a 24-year-old girl was admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital after receiving a neurotoxin injection, which caused nausea, dizziness and shortness of breath, according to China's media.



Source link